Entrepreneur, Programmer, Student. – Living in Hamburg, Germany
Hello, my name is Johannes. I’m a game developer. I love playing games, so I decided to make my own games when I was fourteen. In school I enjoyed participating in math contests and so I found myself studying at Technical University Vienna in October 2011. I finished my Bachelors Degree in 2015 and moved to Hamburg for my Masters studies at HAW Hamburg. There I met my talented business partner Andreas with whom I cofounded Supyrb in 2016. In 2018 we released our debut title Marbloid on iOS.
Besides writing clever code, I enjoy solving hard problems, making handy game dev tools, creating smart shaders and fancy effects, cycling to work every day and of course drinking good coffee. ☕
Debut title Marbloid released on iOS
In a relationship with the best girl in the world
Cofounded Supyrb together with Andreas Gascka
Started studying the Games Master @ University of Applied Sciences Hamburg
Computer Science Bachelor
Started studying Media Computer Science @ Technical University Vienna – Finished May 2015
Released my first bigger game project Blubber
in Vienna, Austria
- Unity Engine – over 5 years of experience
- Shader Development (HLSL) – Built my own post processing Stack, built countless custom shaders and a useful Configuration Utility
- C# – Only thing I use in Unity, beautiful language
- Java – Not as pretty as C#, but I enjoy it a lot as well. Had a lot of Java in University, lately I use it for smaller tools.
- Typescript – Working on a big project with Three.js and TypeScript right now.
- Ruby, Phyton – For smaller tools. I’m no expert by any means, but I can read and write it with some googling.
- Git – The version control of my choice, I think that won’t change that quick.
- Languages – German: Mother Tongue, English: Also pretty good
- Always trying to understand things, even if they don’t matter to me right now
- Striving for High Quality, smart solutions and maintainable code
- Strong supporter in the Open Source Movement
- I deeply care about the environment
- Secure Communication by default (PGP)