Game Developer – Living in Hamburg, Germany
Hello, my name is Johannes Deml. I love playing games, so I decided to make my own games when I was fourteen. In school I enjoyed participating in math contests and so I found myself studying at Technical University Vienna in October 2011. I finished my Bachelors Degree in 2015 and moved to Hamburg for my Masters studies at HAW Hamburg. There I met Andreas with whom I co-founded Supyrb in 2016. In 2018 we released our debut title Marbloid on iOS. I finished my master studies at HAW Hamburg in August 2021 and started working at InnoGames as a frontend developer in July 2021.
Besides writing clever code, I enjoy solving hard problems, making handy game dev tools, creating smart shaders and fancy effects, cycling to work every day and of course drinking good coffee. ☕
Married the love of my life
In Vienna, Austria
- Unity Engine – over 5 years of experience
- Shader Development (HLSL) – Built my own post processing Stack, built countless custom shaders and a useful Configuration Utility
- C# – Only thing I use in Unity, beautiful language
- .NET – A lot of benchmarking for my master thesis (NetworkBenchmark), usage as a game server technology
- Java – Not as pretty as C#, but I enjoy it a lot as well. Had a lot of Java in University, lately I use it for smaller tools.
- Typescript – Working on a big project with Three.js and TypeScript right now.
- Ruby, Phyton – For smaller tools. I’m no expert by any means, but I can read and write it with some googling.
- Git – Rebasing, solving Merge conflicts, fixing up broken states; This is all day to day business for me (Note: Use fork!).
- Languages – German: Mother Tongue, English: Also pretty good
- Always trying to understand things, even if they don’t matter to me right now
- Striving for High Quality, smart solutions and maintainable code
- Strong supporter in the Open Source Movement
- I deeply care about the environment
- Secure Communication by default (PGP)